Introducing District 3450

20th February 1931, the day Rotary first set foot on our home soil. The first Rotary Club, namely the Rotary Club of Hong Kong, was established under Charter President Sir William Woodward Hornell, who was also the vice-chancellor of the University of Hong Kong at that time.

After operating for 10 years, it was suspended during the Pacific War, but revived in 1946. Later on, the Rotary Club of Hong Kong sponsored the Rotary Club of Macau in 1947 and the Rotary Club of Kowloon in 1948. Back then, they were part of District 96, and subsequently, changed to District 57 in 1950. However, our district status was removed in 1951 under the new regime in China.

Efforts to revive Rotary and setting up new clubs came with a result on 1st July 1960, with 17 Rotary Clubs, 764 Rotarians from Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan were reinstated as District 345.

In 1991, District 345 was renamed to District 3450 with 32 clubs from Hong Kong and Macao. Nine years later, new clubs in Mongolia were underway, and District 3450 then included members from Hong Kong, Macao and Mongolia.

Ninety years after the first Rotary Club in Hong Kong in 1931, District 3450 now has 81 clubs in Hong Kong, 8 clubs in Macao and 18 clubs in Mongolia. Over 2,600 Rotarians serve the world.

D3450 Flag

Please publish modules in offcanvas position.