Dear All Rotarian.
To summarise the points posted in last two weekly newsletters:—
The 4 RI INSTRUCTIONS concerning DNC:—-
1. All Districts MUST follow RI Bylaws 17.040.2 that No members of District Nominating Committee (DNC) can sit for more than 3 one-year term in DNC.
This applies to All Rotarians, irrespective of their grade of seniority in Rotary.
2. This 3 Years restriction in membership of DNC can be counted from any past years but should NOT LATER than from and including Rotary Year 2016-17.
3. The Composition and Terms of Reference of the coming DNC of our District MUST be settled before the next DNC starts functioning.
4. Our District Governor is asked to complete this settlement of the composition and terms of Reference of coming DNC WITHIN THIS Rotary Year.
The 4 BASIC PRINCIPLES in practise now in our District by the current District Resolution about DNC since 2014 are:—-
1. No Screening of Governor Candidates.
Pre-Q is not a screening procedure but an advisory interview.
No RI Clauses empower any District Body or groups of Rotarians with the screening authority against any Governor Candidates.
2. There is a Wide representation by one PP and one non-PP Rotarians among all clubs in each area into DNC, coupled with 10 last PDGs.
Less than 30 voting members in the DNC are allowed in the Selection Meeting of DNC in voting for the future Governor. The result of the selection by a total of less than 30 voting members of DNC does not invalidate the selection result.
3. All Members’ votes in DNC are equally important and counted as ONE Vote from each voting member.
4. Voting member of DNC votes according to his /her decision to select the Best Available Candidate as our future Governor.
No dictation or pressure or instruction from others against any voting member in executing the respective selection are allowed as such may violate RI bylaws against lobbying, convassing or electioneering in any election in Rotary.
HERE, AS your DG, I would like to invite our Rotarians who own the equal right in this respect , to suggest to District your Proposal to amend the current running District Resolution RC/1-2014 which governs our DNC since 2014 before the 3 years membership restriction in RY 2016-17, so that we can have our District Resolution amended by voting by all Club electors Representative in either the upcoming District Conference or a specially arranged District Legislation Meeting within this Rotary Year.
This will settle the problem of compliancy with RI Policy of The 3 years membership restriction before the next DNC starts to function.
Please send your proposal by email to me before the DATE DUE set on 15th April 2019 5pm so that there will be sufficient time for District Resolution Committee to handle the final set of the proposals and to send them to all Clubs well in advance of District Conference to be held on 18-19 May 2019.
Thank you All!